Summer Playground Program
2020 Summer Playground - CANCELLED
Due to the health concerns relating to COVID-19, the 2020 Playground Program has been cancelled. This decision to cancel the Township Summer Playground program was made based on several factors including but not limited to:
(1) The uncertainty of county status (red, yellow, green) as it relates to the Governor’s order.
(2) The ability and challenges involved in properly sanitizing and maintaining hygiene guidelines outlined via CDC/PA Parks & Recreation Society guidance for operating.
(3) Overall concern for the health and safety of the children in our program and their parents/extended family as well as our playground staff.
The decision was not easy but was made now to allow families to plan for summer without our program. The Township and its Recreation Board will be determining other opportunities to support the children of our community through the summer and do so in a way that complies with outlined state and CDC guidance. Thank you.
Playground Coordinator Angela Wright is working on planning another fantastic summer for our playground children. Check back in early May 2020 for more details relating to our Summer Playground Program! Updated 2020 forms and details will be updated at the bottom of the page in May.
- Location: South Mountain Playground - North Galen and Hill Roads
- Program Dates: June 8th to July 31st
- All leaders create a theme week for Summer Playground. Theme detailed information will be posted soon.
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Registration night: May 21st 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Township Building - CANCELLED
- Please register children by June 1st.
2020 Program Fees
- Children ages: (6 years through 15 years)
|Each additional child||$65|
Please note: No refunds, once child(ren) are registered.
Submit completed forms at registration night at the Township building. Please note: Registration forms must be completed before a child may participate in the program.