The South Heidelberg Township Public Works Department will begin fall leaf collection on Monday October 18th 2021 and continue to collect leaves through Friday December 10th, 2021.
Leaf Collection will begin in Zone 1, shown on the below map, with crews moving through each zone in sequence. Any changes to the leaf collection schedule will be announced and residents may call the Township at 610.678.9652 with any questions regarding leaf collection.
Fall Leaf Collection Tips
- To help maximize efficiencies in the collection program:
- Leaves should be raked to within a few feet of the curb and should be ready for collection by 7 a.m. each Monday.
- Place leaves in uniform sized rows as opposed to placing leaves in big piles
- Keep leave rows at least 10 feet away from any poles, trees or signs
- Please refrain from blowing or raking leaves into the street (can clog storm drains) or onto neighboring properties
- Do not place leaves in bags for this seasonal collection.
- Please make sure that leaves are free of brush, glass, cans, rocks or other debris, as these items may cause injury to workers and damage to the collection equipment
Leaf Zone Map
To help residents identify the leaf collection zone of their property, refer to the below map.