South Heidelberg Township, PA - The South Heidelberg Township Public Works Department will begin fall leaf collection on Monday October 21st 2019 and continue to collect leaves through Friday December 13, 2019. South Heidelberg Public Works crews will deploy its second new Spartan Pro Leaf Collector this season and will have both new leaf collectors in service for the Fall 2019 season.
Leaf Collection will begin in Zone 1, shown on the below map, with crews moving through each zone in sequence. Any changes to the leaf collection schedule will be announced and residents may call the Township at 610.678.9652 with any questions regarding leaf collection.
Fall Leaf Collection Tips
To help maximize efficiencies in the collection program:
- Leaves should be raked to within a few feet of the curb and should be ready for collection by 7 a.m. each Monday.
- Place leaves in uniform sized rows as opposed to placing leaves in big piles
- Keep leave rows at least 10 feet away from any poles, trees or signs
- Please refrain from blowing or raking leaves into the street as they can clog storm drains and lead to flooding.
- Do not place leaves in bags for this seasonal collection.
- Please make sure that leaves are free of brush, glass, cans, rocks or other debris, as these items may cause injury to workers and damage to the collection equipment.
Fall Leaf Collection Zones Map
To help residents identify the leaf collection zone of their property, refer to the below map.