South Heidelberg Township, PA - The South Heidelberg Board of Supervisors at its November 26, 2019 General Business Meeting introduced the 2020 Proposed General Fund Budget which calls for no increase in property tax maintaining the tax rate at 3.10 for the third consecutive year. Budget highlights include:
General Fund Revenue
- $1,212,000 in revenues expected from Real Estate Taxes
- $793,680 in revenues from Intermunicipal Agreements with Robesonia Borough, Wernersville Borough, Heidelberg Township and the Conrad Weiser School District for Police Services.
- $1,395,750 in revenues from Act 511 Taxes (per capita, earned income, real estate transfer)
- $86,000 in revenues from private source contributions (non profit payments in lieu of taxes, host fees, etc)
General Fund Expenditure
- $2,039,798 in expenditures relating to the South Heidelberg Police Department (the SHPD budget categories changed from 2019 to consolidate all Police costs into their 410 budget)
- $45,000 in expenditures relating to Public Works purchases of a roller, hot mix box and other equipment to allow Public Works to conduct minor road repairs internally
- $57,000 in expenditures relating to road repairs and crack sealing (Township will also utilize approximately $300,000 in State Liquid Fuels monies towards road repairs)
- $68,000 in expenditures relating to contracted services for the Township mowing contract awarded in 2017 for mowing and trimming of all Township open spaces
- $23,250 in expenditures relating to traffic safety (street sign replacement, traffic light maintenance and line painting)
In summary the Township is projecting $4,265,780 in revenues, $4,245,746 in expenditures with a year end general fund balance of $920,034. View the 2020 Proposed General Fund Budget.